Lots of different vocabulary (ecotourism, slow tourism, etc) but a shared momentum to a sustainable tourism. It is an alternative tourism putting humankind and meetings in the center of the travel and in a way to develop a territory.
So, even my EcoHostel is open to every profiles, the installations and state of mind come within the scope of sustainable tourism for the pleasure of slow tourists.
What is it?
- go slow: take the time discovering the city and the area, appreciating landscapes, opting for instance for less polluting ways of travel (walking, bicyling).
- more authentic: be concerned about local population and learn more about it. The goal is to immerse yourself in the place you visit, avoiding mob and choosing less-known tours. Nothingbetter than a local contact giving to you the good deals. You don't follow a guide book but go with the flow.
- find time to take some time -
Now, we take some time, we are aware of what we are doing! We can experience to the full this travel affair in an EcoHostel. Why?
- limit the impact on environment: I make local products my first choice (shorts tracks and organic), I make aware of energy and water savings. To this end, here, I will add soon environmental labels showing hostel uses.
- promote local initiatives and activities: I inform about local events (concerts, festivals, etc), I am a link between travelers and locals who have specific skills (about food, guides, etc).
- become a responsible traveler -